Saturday, October 9, 2010

A Journey, A Passage, and A Safe Harbor

After a quick trip to Washington, I'm back on the boat.

It was good to spend time with my brothers, and their families, but not a happy time. Funerals are hard. This one was no different- I'm glad I was able to go, but I'd rather not need to go. Right?
Jack and Mary dropped me off in Blufton, SC, where Ted was waiting for me. Blufton is tiny... a little town just west of Hilton Head. A friend from my high school neighborhood lives there now (we saw her on our way north, and wanted to have her over for dinner on our way south.) I didn't take a picture to prove it, but we got together and had a great time.
We did take a few pictures in Blufton...



Ted took this one (I just kind of like it! :) )



The next morning we headed out the Calibogue Sound, into the Atlantic Ocean and motored down the length of Georgia (through the night), all the way to St. Mary's inlet. We came in past Cumberland Island as the sun was coming up, and dropped our anchor in the harbor of St. Mary's, GA. We've been here before. It's a beautiful little town. The folks are really friendly, and it's a great place to stop.



We'll be here a few days. Ted's sister Joy, and her husband, Gordon, are coming to visit tomorrow. They're planning on staying in the Historic Riverview Hotel (couldn't coax them onto the boat) till Wednesday. So here we are! Getting a little closer to home... slowly but surely.

We've started looking into docking options for November thru January- guess that means we really are heading home! (Better start cleaning up, Bonnie!)

When you sail through the night, you often have gifts on the trampoline the next morning. For example...
He didn't have much to say. Kind of stiff. He got thrown overboard, too. (see last post.)

No comments: