Monday, October 25, 2010

Almost Home


We've come through Florida kind of fast. We've had several long days of travel without stopping a lot, because we're starting to gear up for our next adventure.
(heading to Tally for the birth of Sophia Grace on or around November 7th!)
Here are a few pictures of the places we did stop...

Daytona

Titusville
Jupiter (we didn't actually stop here... but nice lighthouse, eh?)


We're in West Palm tonight.


Tomorrow morning (at sunrise!), we'll head out the Lake Worth Inlet and turn south towards Fort Lauderdale. Morning Glory will rest along a dock on the New River there while we have babies and holidays and "land time".
It's good to be close to home, but also a little bittersweet. It's been fun, and, while I never thought I'd admit it, I like the boat life a lot. I'm ready to see my baby girls though!
(Oh, and my own kids, too!)
We spent last weekend in Stuart, and saw some of our MBFD friends. Always good to see the Stuart folks. Had a fun dinner out at Shrimpers, then took an afternoon/evening sail on Sunday.


I wish I had a picture of us picking these guys up at the dock...we almost ran aground on the first approach- then went around and backed up to the tip of the dock so they could (literally) jump on. Across a 2-3 foot gap. No one fell in- but it was seriously the toughest boarding job we've ever attempted. Of course it was at a park full of people...bet we provided a few laughs! Glad to help out. (next time, instead of helping people get on, I'm gonna take pictures.) ;)

No comments: