Saturday, May 7, 2011

We're B-A-A-A-A-ACK!



Well, welcome home to us!
We sailed home a few days earlier than planned, due to some incoming inclement weather.
That meant a 48 hour passage from Staniel Cay straight through to Key Largo.
Kind of like having a baby in the house again... 3 hours of sleep, awake 3 hours, 3 hours of sleep....for 2 days in a row. (Makes me SO glad I don't work night shift- or have a baby- any more!) note: that doesn't include grandbabies.
On the positive side, the gulfstream was calm, the night beautiful- shooting stars and phosphorescent plankton and a red sliver of moon till around midnight. A nice crossing.
Right now we're anchored in Thursday Cove, off of Key Largo, where we'll have Morning Glory hauled out on Monday. Then home! We weren't supposed to get here till Thursday, so we're ruining everyone's schedules....but that's what cruisers do best! We roll with the weather, and change like the tide!
Now my blogging will shift to grandbabies and gardens. Our sailing friends will just have to put up with my "other side" till June, I guess!- That's when we'll head off again. Unless plans change.

BUT before we go... our last day in the Bahamas, we anchored in a spot famous for it's swimming pigs. If you come see us next year, we'll take you there. Promise.
I think the pictures say it all. Enjoy!

















1 comment:

Davis375 said...

I can't believe there are really swimming pigs! That has got to be one of the funniest things I've seen in a long time!